Energy Foundation - Campaign Strategist, States and Regions Program
ABOUT ENERGY FOUNDATION
Energy Foundation’s mission is to serve the public interest by building a strong clean energy economy. Energy Foundation supports education and analysis to promote non-partisan policy solutions that advance renewable energy and energy efficiency while opening doors to greater innovation and productivity—growing the economy with dramatically less pollution. We are a complex, multi-site, multicultural nonprofit organization with big plans for the future. Under the leadership of our new CEO, Energy Foundation has embarked on a major strategy refresh, a prioritized commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), and rapid geographic expansion.
For more than 25 years, Energy Foundation has supported grantees to help educate policymakers and the general public about the benefits of a clean energy economy. Our grantees include business, health, environmental, labor, equity, community, faith, and consumer groups, as well as policy experts, think tanks, universities, and more.
Our comprehensive approach advances energy efficiency and renewable energy in the power, transportation, and buildings sectors. Working together, our Policy and Public Engagement programs focus on developing innovative policies and campaigns to help propel clean energy development in these sectors, while our Strategic Communications Program develops powerful narrative and communications strategies designed to build support for our work regionally and nationwide. Our States and Regions Team is a cross-disciplinary team of policy, communications, and campaign experts dedicated to advancing strong state and regional climate and clean energy policies.
Energy Foundation’s founding office is in San Francisco, CA, with regional offices in Raleigh,
NC; Chicago, IL; Washington, DC; and Las Vegas, NV.
The Campaign Strategist will spearhead new and manage existing multi-venue campaigns to advance clean energy and climate action in the U.S. This position will work collaboratively across Energy Foundation’s (EF) national and regional program teams to execute specific campaigns across multiple state, city, and regional venues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creative strategist, with expertise in designing and leading issue advocacy campaigns in U.S. cities, states, regions, or federally.
- Demonstrated experience developing strategy in partnership with diverse internal and external stakeholders, including community-based organizations, environmental justice advocates, and people with differing political perspectives.
- An innovative growth mindset and an ability to work independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Deep understanding of best practices in campaign strategy and design, communications, and issue advocacy.
- Understanding of climate and clean energy advocacy in the U.S.
- Solutions-oriented, collaborative problem-solver who is at home in a diverse, dynamic, and complex environment with a combination of local, regional, and national staff and partners.
- Curious and inquisitive, the ideal candidate will possess excellent relationship-building and convening skills and have experience bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to present complex information in meaningful ways to a variety of audiences including funders, the National team, other stakeholders, and grantees.
- The flexibility to consider other points of view and meet people where they are.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A commitment to contributing meaningfully to a workplace where equity and inclusion are core values in our internal and external EF work.
Ability to travel 10-12 times a year for 2-3 business days at a time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to spend extended hours at the computer.
The Energy Foundation’s San Francisco office is located at 301 Battery St, 5th Floor, San Francisco, 94111. The office environment is in an office building downtown with some shared workspace, some individual offices, shared kitchen facilities, with moderate noise levels and a collegial atmosphere. On occasion, there are activities or events after work hours.
Submit a cover letter and resume online at grossmansolutions.com/jobs/. The cover letter should be concise, compelling, and outline why you are the right person for this position. Only applications submitted through this website will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Energy Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.