Grossman Solutions – Executive Assistant
Grossman Solutions – Executive Assistant
Grossman Solutions is looking for a highly-motivated, detail-oriented Executive Assistant to support our Principal Andrew Grossman. This is a full-time position based in our Hartford, CT headquarters with travel to our Washington, DC office as needed. The Executive Assistant will serve as the gatekeeper for the firm and help prioritize all aspects of the Principal’s work.
Grossman Solutions is a public affairs firm specializing in campaigns and advocacy, based in Hartford, CT and Washington, DC. We partner with our clients -- nonprofits, labor unions, political campaigns and progressive organizations -- to make positive change through advocacy, grassroots mobilization, executive search, and strategic advising. Our work is firmly rooted in our commitment to equity, integrity and getting the job done.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and organized individual to grow in their career as part of a nationally respected firm.
- Manage the daily and weekly priorities for firm Principal including but not limited to:
- Providing daily briefing on schedule
- Managing all to-do lists both short and long term (with input from other staff)
- Communicating with staff about the Principal’s progress on specific projects
- Coordinating Principal’s needs from staff
- Track and help Principal complete deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Understand priorities for the Principal and the firm, aniticipate business needs, and identify areas to improve efficiency
- Maintain calendar for Principal with attention to accuracy, detail, and time allocation to promote productivity and reprioritize as appropriate. This includes syncing personal and work schedules, preparing daily/weekly itineraries, booking all travel, and providing briefing materials as needed for client meetings, calls, and events
- Manage email and written correspondence for Principal
- Support marketing and writing projects, including preparing presentations, talking points, client reports, and research projects
- Organize the Principal's electronic and office files as well as contact lists. Provide information to Principal through file sharing and research
- Sit in on internal and external meetings to understand the work being done, gain context for prioritizing, and engagement levels
- Manage Principal’s expense report reconciliation for all billable clients including receipt maintenance
- Manage interns as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years' work experience in a professional workplace
- Interest in campaigns and progressive politics and dedication to social justice issues
- Willingness to tackle new projects, strong work ethic, and a self-starter
- Curious nature and a risk taker
- High level of integrity, discretion, and professionalism
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines, and complete deliverables with efficiency and accuracy
- Experience managing up
- Flexible with hours. Some evening and weekend hours may be required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to independently manage ongoing research projects
- Demonstrable record of successful project management
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Must be willing to learn and utilize additional technology tools
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Health, vision, and 401k benefits provided.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online at https://grossmanheinz.com/jobs/. The cover letter should be concise and compelling and outline the specific ways in which you would be a good fit for this position. Only applications submitted through this website will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Grossman Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.