National Civic Engagement Nonprofit (Confidential) - Program Manager
Program Manager, National Civic Engagement Nonprofit (Confidential)
A non-partisan, large-scale coordinated civic engagement campaign that aims to create a more representative democracy by registering millions of underrepresented voters across the country is seeking several Program Managers. The campaign will center their efforts through 2020 with a focus on voter registration using methods that will build capacity for voter registration programs in the long term and shape best practices for the entire field of voter registration.
The campaign directly funds organizations who execute smart, targeted voter registration drives. Working with their partners, The campaign is conducting at-scale, effective, efficient, metrics-driven work that will drive down the cost per net vote and ensure the highest levels of quality control.
The campaign is committed to being authentic and active partner with state and local organizations to ensure their programs are effective and to promote investments in the future of emerging communities.
The campaign is seeking several energetic, determined organizers to serve as a Program Managers, reporting to the Program Director. The positions are responsible for bridging the national campaign with state partners, ensuring resources and guidance are provided to partners, and tracking their progress. The campaign hopes to hire for the positions immediately.
Specifically, the Program Managers will oversee voter registration programs in multiple states beginning with the targeting and budget process and including training, field support, and on- the-ground site visits. The ideal candidates will have experience working in communities of color and in working with stakeholders to design effective programs in these communities. Additionally, the Program Managers will be deeply involved in helping to create top-level voter registration standards, from quality control to targeting to tracking program.
The Program Managers will:
- Work closely with national and state-based staff to accomplish voter registration goals
- Build relationships with state and national staff of partner organizations carrying out voter registration programs, as well as other stakeholders in those states.
- Work with state-based organizations to build and approve voter registration plans andbudgets.
- Plan and implement site visits to partner organizations.
- Develop and run trainings that produce stronger programs in states.
- Coordinate with partner organizations on the set-up of quality control and reporting systems.
- Identify problems that occur in the field and develop solutions with the partner organizations and stakeholders.
- Ensure strong internal communications structures between national and state partner organizations to ensure information flows in multiple directions.
- Be willing to travel frequently and as needed, sometimes on short notice.
Experience and Opportunity:
Applicants should have a background in working on or leading voter registration programs and have some experience in field work. Additionally, the campaign seeks people who can:
- Organize and build relationships with leaders and staff in diverse communities.
- Work with organizations that focus on civic engagement and long-term movement building.
- Manage multiple projects at once.
- Lead team communications including calls, written instructions and follow-through.
- Work in politically sensitive environments.
- Develop and manage budgets.
This would be a great opportunity for candidates who:
- Likes getting into the weeds of program.
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment.
- Cares about making a difference in communities of color.
- Enjoys helping others improve the daily functioning of their campaigns.
- Enjoys building relationships with new people.
- Likes travel.
Additional qualities that would benefit candidates include:
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively with stakeholders, including via phone and email
- Ability to speak and write Spanish or other languages
- Experience building and running multi-day, multi-issue trainings
- Knowledge of national and state structures of the progressive infrastructure and coalition partners
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package, including excellent health benefits and generous vacation and leave policies.
How to Apply:
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume online at https://grossmanheinz.com/jobs/. Your cover letter should be concise, compelling, and outline the specific ways in which you are the right person for this position.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with subject line “Program Manager.” The cover letter should be concise and compelling and outline the specific ways in which you are the right person for this position.
The campaign embraces principles of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or transgender or veteran status. The campaign strongly encourages people of color, women, and bilingual candidates to apply and is an equal opportunity employer.