Climate Action Campaign - Senior Director of Organizing
Senior Director of Organizing – Climate Action Campaign
The Climate Action Campaign seeks a strategic and innovative Senior Director of Organizing to work with its national coalition defending attacks on climate, clean air and clean energy and to make progress toward passage of ambitious federal policy. The Senior Director will have a unique opportunity to work directly with the country’s top environmental organizations to create the conditions needed to change climate policy at this critical time.
The Senior Director of Organizing collaborates with a deeply engaged group of national field directors at coalition partner groups to develop and direct a robust organizing strategy designed to build the political will to move federal policymakers. The Director will lead innovative, multi-state grassroots and grass tops field efforts, field strategy and operations across the country.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strategic leader who has created, managed and executed grassroots and grass tops campaigns, experience developing and testing groundbreaking concepts and a demonstrated history of successful work with coalitions.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator with a sophisticated understanding of the political process in key states. Operating with a collaborative leadership style, the Director will have experience running large-scale advocacy campaigns and a passion for coalition work.
The Climate Action Campaign is a highly effective unbranded coalition of national climate groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to defend against attacks on climate, clean air and clean energy and to make progress toward passage of ambitious federal policy.
The coalition, which includes the Natural Resources Defense Council, Sierra Club, The Environmental Defense Fund, and Environment America, serves as the organizing entity for federal work on climate and clean energy. The Campaign drives political strategy, communications, and field operations across the country to create the conditions needed to change climate policy.
The Campaign engages with other influential constituencies to build trust and encourage a wider range of groups to incorporate the climate fight in their agendas. The Campaign regularly partners with non-Green national and state- based groups, as well as leaders from the health, business, faith, national security, African American, and Latinx communities to better promote climate action.
In 2019, partners groups are advancing a powerful narrative about the urgency of climate action, mobilizing people throughout the nation to resist rollbacks of lifesaving health and climate protections, and beginning to set the stage for the passage of durable federal climate and clean energy policy.
- Develop and direct innovative, multi-state grassroots and grass tops field efforts to move the federal politics on climate change
- Collaborate with the national field directors of partner organizations to develop and execute strategies
- Provide vision and inspire action from varied stakeholders
- Communicate strategy, goals and objectives to staff and coalition partners through frequent communication, meetings, presentations and written plans
- Prioritize the daily, weekly and monthly work of staff and consultants as well as oversee the department day-to-day
- Identify and troubleshoot problems and road blocks and lead to solutions
- Provide ongoing, strategic campaign organizing advice to coalition partners and stakeholders
- Collaborate with other senior staff team members to drive overall campaign vision and strategy
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with outstanding leadership, management, and communication skills, including:
- Significant experience managing large-scale organizing and field campaigns Demonstrated success working with coalitions and the ability to surface, work through and resolve coalition conflicts
- Excellent analytical skills, with a deep understanding of data and targeting
- A collaborative approach to leadership
- Superb interpersonal skills, with an impressive history of forging strong relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politically sensitive and fast-paced environments and to manage several projects at the same time
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized
- Excellent facilitation and public speaking skills
- Ability to travel as needed
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and 401k plan.
Submit a cover letter and resume online at https://grossmanheinz.com/jobs/. The cover letter should be concise, compelling and outline why you are the right person for this position. Only applications submitted through this website will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Climate Action Campaign is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice, and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.